Wednesday, November 25, 2009

How They're the Same

I've kind of been off the grid lately-save following a few conversations via Twitter- due to  the birth of my son.  Thanks again to everyone for all the well wishes.  Mommy and baby are doing great.  Sleep is a precious commodity but I am blessed to be able to take a few days off to enjoy the adjustment to our little one.  I always seem to compare my approach to teaching with my approach to parenting and vice versa.  Here's the top 10:

10.  The clientele will expose your bad habits. 

9.  You can read as many "how to" books as you want, but nothing prepares you for your first real life encounter.

8.  They like it when you act goofy.

7.  Sometimes you just have to wing it. 

6.  They get grumpy before lunch time.

5.  They get sleepy after lunch time.

4. You're gonna lose some sleep.

3. Working at one makes you better at the other.

2.  Balance is crucial.

1.  If it stinks, change it.

No comments: