Monday, December 14, 2009

Really?

About this time last year, I didn't know much about blogs, Twitter or PLN's.  I did, however, have questions about why we do what we do and how to make it matter.  This blog was born because there are a lot of great teachers having great conversations and I thought 14 years of going it alone was enough.  It continues to boggle my mind that many of you have a better idea of what takes place in my classroom than many of the teachers in my own school; it matters to you what is happening in classrooms of others.  I hope that in the next year, the questions asked here will be more honest and continue to challenge.

I am humbled and honored that Sam and Kate found this blog worthy of a Best New Blog nomination.  If you feel so inclined, you may cast your vote here.

5 comments:

Mrs. H said...

You've definitely got my vote!

Dan Meyer said...

I'm embarrassed to admit I didn't even think about your blog when it came to this category. Felt like it's been around pretty much forever. Keep up the good work.

David Cox said...

Thanks, Mrs. H. At least I'm not going to get shut out.

@Dan
Thanks alot. You know your non-endorsement is gonna cost me a major award. I was looking forward to receiving that lamp.I had a place in my front window all cleared off. So now when Sweeney wins this thing, I have you to blame.

Jackie Ballarini said...

Sam and Kate are wise. I too thought you'd been around quite a while. However when I saw your blog on the list, you got my vote!

David Cox said...

I guess I have been around a while, but just started writing stuff down. Kinda like a re-entry student. It's amazing what you learn once you know it all. Thanks for the kind words Jackie. They mean alot.