Saturday, November 27, 2010

Insomnia

I went to bed with this problem swimming around in my mind. I kept trying to figure out how to construct in GeoGebra. I told it to be quiet so I could sleep.  It wouldn't.

Problem:
Given two squares, deconstruct and reconstruct as one square. 

Sorry, the GeoGebra Applet could not be started. Please make sure that Java 1.4.2 (or later) is installed and active in your browser (Click here to install Java now)

Double click to open in a new window.

It's almost 1am.  I'm going to bed now.

2 comments:

Mr. Smith said...

Nice work - hate/love those insomnia causing problems. The next step is to see if students can notice patterns with the applet, or even better, replicate the construction.

Riley said...

Looks great! In the slider properties, you can set the minimum step to something smaller than 0.1 to get a finer-grain animation, which makes it a little easier to see how the triangles fit together.