Friday, May 27, 2011

And Now a Word From Elisabeth

Elisabeth decided to define her own project.  She became interested in the Golden Ratio.  She came to me with a boatload of questions she wanted to tackle ranging from: 1) How can I create the Golden Spiral? to 2) Why is the Golden Rectangle aesthetically pleasing?

I said, "yeah, that's some good stuff there.  I trust you.  Do it."

Two days later, I sit down with her as she's working and watch her think.  She has this perplexed look on her face as she is shuffling through her notes.  She has about a half-dozen different rectangles sketched with different dimensions along with more questions than what she started with.

She looks up and says, "The more I look through all this, I'm wondering, 'what's my question?'"

That's right, Elisabeth.  Don't ever forget that.

No comments: